Monday, September 29, 2014

99 Problems but a t shirt ain't one

My son has 47 t shirts in his closet. 47.

The origin of this over abundance started out pretty inaccous.  He grew. With the whole growing thing came the need to buy him clothes that fit properly and cover his navel.  Then I placed his sister in charge of laundry.  When I couldn't find anything to put him in, generally while in a hurry to get some place important, I would ask

"Doesn't he have more shirts than this?'

"No."

"But I thought..."

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

So the next time that there was some spare quarters and a half off sale at the thrift store, home with more shirts I would come.  Repeat this a couple times, add in a huffy mother who commandeers laundry duty when there are no clean socks, and now we have 47 shirts.

There are still some in the laundry.

 No wonder I am overwhelmed caring for all the things and the stuff in our house.  I am not even really sure what to do with this problem. Since it is the end of September in Michigan, I can pack most of them away and switch out for turtleneck and sweaters, but how many do I even keep?  He still has a little brother to hand things down to.

That little brother is the same child who is the most destructive and messy child I have ever seen while simultaneously hating having anything on his clothes - ever.  Not even water. No, it will dry is not a suitable answer. He MUST CHANGE! So, consequently, he goes through three to four shirts a day, and some are not salvageable by my standards.  He may justifiably need more shirts when he reaches the same size as his big brother's current one and does not require each and every second supervision.

Who I am kidding?  
Due to the recent
 "Snake in the Wall Incident"
 Children will require constant surveillance until no longer at my residence.


No comments:

Post a Comment