Monday, December 10, 2012

Family Pictures - First take

As has been briefly covered in the past, I have a small picture addiction, coupled with a picture perfectionism trait that strikes terror into the hearts of my family. If I am looking for a little piece and quiet, I just say "family picture" and everyone scatters - leaving a blissful silence.

Starlet, however, asked for us to have family pictures as part of her Christmas present. With such a sweet request, no one could refuse, and they even had to keep their grumbling to a minimum.


So we waited. I don't care who says what about global warming. I live in a place where people travel from all over the country to ski - it is December -I better have snow! But here we are, mid December, and only just last night did we get a light dusting. Not a decent snow by far - it was however enough of a snow that it made the outdoors Christmas card scenic. Outfits on, cameras ready, we trudged out to do our best.

We did not get the family shot we were aiming for. The "good" camera died early. Starlet ended up being terrified of the spot we chose, absolutely certain she was going to plummet to a painful rocky death. Which really narrows ones ability to get a decent smile.

We got some pretty shots, which will l use in make a photo collage for each child as part of their Christmas presents. With packing, cleaning, and sorting as our moving plans go forward I haven't done as much of the holiday celebrations as I would want to, and am making plans to do better next year. That being said, I hope that I can teach my children that the greatest gift and true meaning of the season is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment